or

We need a Map Guide

A place to report bugs or give feedback and suggestions about DF2 HAVEN.
unpr3dictabl3
We need a Map Guide

Post by unpr3dictabl3 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:30 pm

As the title suggests. It would be quite nice if we can add a 3rd Page to the DF2 Haven, that simply displays the World Map, and all known locations.

Where it will of course, initially just be the standard map, but then users are able to specify the named locations under each sector.

Currently, the Map isn't displayed as a Grid in-game, but on Haven we can simply convert it to a grid (i.e. Cell A1,B1, A2, etc.). Then we can display each Building, as specified and verified by the community, next to each named individual cell, in a 2-Column Format or something.

e.g.
A1
- Perkins Lodge

A2
- Crawford Lodge
- Randolph Lodge

Just formatted to a pleasing visual standard haha.

If it has been confirmed that a cell contains all the named locations that exist as defined in-game, might be good to then simply lock any further editing of that cell's locations.

You have no idea how over I am, hovering over the same set off blocks 10 times just to make sure I didn't maybe miss something, or the cursor didn't fully hover over the location I intended lol.

*Edit: And of course, if a grid with filtering/sorting can be added for the listed locations, that would be fantastic.

OofyOwyOOF

Post by OofyOwyOOF » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:40 am

Definitely agree, that'd be wickedly useful. I got sticky tack on my monitor, keeping track of where I picked up missions, haha. The closest I've seen to the map is people marking quest locations and givers on a screenshot of the map, they post it on the DF Discord in the df2-mission-info chat.

TURCO

Post by TURCO » Sun May 03, 2020 3:56 am

Simply we must add an option to share location of side mission guides.

aku.pijo

Post by aku.pijo » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:32 pm

+1 for ya, i had similar idea but lack of editing skill :( jope someone out there mapping this stupid world map

AND3197654

Post by AND3197654 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:25 am

We can add some information such as U, D, L, R (Up, Down, Left, Right) from some locations (Greywood Star Hotel). Just like boss announcement in DF1 chat.

thewalker

Post by thewalker » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:11 pm

The map is autogenerated randomly every week and the building layouts change every 24 hours...