or

[How-to] How To Create A Table For Builds + Extra Tips

DF2 character build guides
AdamEarlston
Has upvoted: 5 times
Been upvoted: 20 times
[How-to] How To Create A Table For Builds + Extra Tips

Post by AdamEarlston » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:25 pm

TL;DR; Just copy/paste the code and change the words that are in full capital letters.

Here's a quick guide on how to use the Table for your builds or anything else that you can think of!

Firstly, here's the code that you need to copy and paste to make it appear (Preview your thread to check for any visible mistakes):

Code: Select all

[center][table]
[header][color=#00d600][col-3]Level[/col-3][col]Perk[/col][col-3]Perk Tier[/col-3][/color][/header]
[row][col-3]LEVEL[/col-3][col]PERK NAME[/col][col-3]PERK TIER[/col-3][/row]
[header][color=#00d600][col-3]Level (Prestige) [/col-3][col]Perk[/col][col-3]Perk Tier[/col-3][/color][/header]
[/table][/center]
Example of a finished Table:
Level
Perk
Perk Tier
1~4
Rifle Expert / Head Hunter / Exterminator / Jogger or Sprinter
I
5~8
II
Hunter
I
10~13
III
Hunter
II
15~18
IV
Lockpicking
I
20~23
V
24~26
Hunter
V
27~30
Marksman
IV
Level (Prestige)
Perk
Perk Tier
Marksman
V
32~35
Reloading or Quickshot
IV

The text within the yellow borders are the only things that you need to focus on changing:
HighlightedToChange.png
HighlightedToChange.png (37.14KiB)Viewed 11126 times
  • "Level" - This column is for guiding the player on the order of spending their skill points as they level up, so replace "LEVEL" with "1~4" to represent the first 4 levels/points.

• "Perk" - After you have filled in "Level", then the "Perk" column is next. Replace "PERK NAME" with the name of the 4 (If it's Level 1~4) most important perks to level up first, with the highest priority being named from first to last, such as "Melee Expert / Exterminator / Toughness / Medic"

• "Perk Tier" - Continuing from above, replace "PERK TIER" with the perk tier of the perks that you have just chosen, in this case it will be "I"(Tier 1).

It can be hard to know where to start, so here's my tactic for doing it easily:
I start off by choosing 4 main perks that i will be focusing on upgrading ASAP for that build, then i type them out like this "Melee Expert / Exterminator / Toughness / Medic", then i highlight and Copy it with Ctrl + C.

Next I go to the "LEVEL" part and fill it out for each row until i reach Level "20~23" and make that the final row that i fill in (Refer to the Example Table at the top of this guide for support).

Now i use the 4 perks that we copied earlier and paste it over the "PERK NAME" slots for the correct rows (Level 1~4 means you will have 4 points to spend on all 4 stated Perks), next i fill in "PERK TIER" with the correct Perk Tier of the rows that we just filled in (Going from I to V as we re-used the same perks).

Then i just fill out the rest of the rows with the perks that are left over and if i ever need to add more rows, i just copy/paste a row wherever i need it, such as this row

Also the Prestige section below the 2nd Header is for the extra 5 points that you get from being Prestige 5.

AdamEarlston
Has upvoted: 5 times
Been upvoted: 20 times

Post by AdamEarlston » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:59 am

Extra Information:
Changing the code below;

[Col-3]   [/Col-3]
From -1 to -5 will change the size of the selected column (-1 being the smallest size).
And the code below is the normal size;

[Col]  [/Col]
However you will have to change all of them in the same column to be -3 if you have changed one of them to be -3 in that column.
You can also use that code to create an extra column within the table as well, and copy/paste the header section to make an extra header. Make sure to keep on using the Preview button to check if the changes work or if you have missed something, it's pretty easy after you experiment with it to be honest.

Images - If you have an image copied, you can just press Ctrl+V inside of your thread to instantly upload the image into your thread! I recommend using Lightshot to instantly crop your images, and then paste them into your thread.

Media - You can use the Media Tool to transform your YouTube Link/URL into a video player. Make sure to highlight the YouTube Link, and then click on the media tool to add the embed code to it.
The Media Tool is identified by the button with a Monitor inside.
image.png
image.png (12.12KiB)Viewed 11051 times
Example:
image.png
image.png (254.82KiB)Viewed 11051 times
Tools - There are many tools to play around with, just hover over them to read a description of what they do :P Always highlight the text that you want to use the tools on though. Also certain codes like Header code will prevent some tools from working correctly, so just highlight the text between codes and then apply the tool instead.

Custom Colors - The Color pallets on forums are usually very harsh on the eyes so it's advised not to use them, instead you should go to websites like https://htmlcolorcodes.com/color-picker/ and create your own color, usually make it like 20% darker such as this example:
image.png
image.png (221.09KiB)Viewed 11051 times
And then copy the HEX Number which is highlighted in the picture below:
image.png
image.png (2.16KiB)Viewed 11051 times
Place the HEX number into the color code like below

[color=#00C806]   [/color]