or

Hybrid Looter Build - Jack of All, Master of None

DF2 character build guides
Thermodynamics
Has upvoted: 2 times
Been upvoted: 3 times
Hybrid Looter Build - Jack of All, Master of None

Post by Thermodynamics » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:42 am

This build takes a bit of everything that is important and distribute evenly before maximizing all out at later levels.

It will look like similar to most builds out there, however this one takes a more different approach how to level up those skills. While some will say is better off to put max skills on something early on I will normally leave at level 3 or 4 before moving to another useful skill that later on will also be leveled up.

The idea is to at least have Tier 1 or 2 or 3 on some skills and leave them like that while putting the core ones tier 5, then you will have already some good bonuses through each area you go into, those bonuses might not be a big deal, but is better than nothing.

The build is not focusing to have the max already at early levels, is more to make certain areas and looting much smoother and help the player go at a slow pace, so pretty much this is a turtle build, for someone who cant grind every day.

Not a professional, I believe there will be people with better ways to do this build....I did this out of experience and what I expect while trying it out. So far....I liked it. Not for everyone I am sure of it.

Here is the build so far:
Level
Perk
Perk Tier
1~8
Fast Learner/Sprinter/Looter/Pistol Expert/Shotgun Expert/Jogger/Mule/Reload
I
9~12
Sprinter/Fast Learner/Pistol Expert/Looter
II
13~15
Sprinter/Fast Learner/Looter
III
16~17
Shotgun Expert/Reloading
II
18~20
Sprinter/Fast Learner/Looter
IV
21~22
Pistol Expert/Shotgun Expert
III
23~24
Jogger/Mule
II
25~26
Reloading/Jogger
III
Jogger
IV
28~29
Toughness
I~II
Looter
V
31~32
IV
33~35
Jogger/Sprinter/Fast Learner
V
36~37
Exterminator/Head Hunter
I
Exterminator
II
39~40
V
Head Hunter
II
42~45
Exterminator/Head Hunter/Mule/Toughness
III
46~49
Exterminator/Head Hunter/Reloading/Toughness
IV
Exterminator
V
Level (Prestige)
Perk
Perk Tier
+1~+5
Marksman
I~V
+6
Toughness
V
+7~+10
Quick Shot
I~IV
Did I made this too complex? I sure did, is just putting in this order made areas easier to deal with and still getting good looting chances be on my side. You see how I focused leveling something up first all the way to 4 and stopped there and went to focus on something else.

This isn't focused for boss hunting, while is the best way to loot items, this build was made with the idea that people are afraid or too inexperienced to go to those level 30+ bosses that has extra effects and auras, like tentacled or optics. Plus the fact, soloing titan or tendril is really only duable at much later levels for expert players, most of casual would have a hard time to deal with some of these level 40+ bosses, even more at Comers and Sons Inc..

Feedbacks are appreciated and once again, this is all due to gameplay experience, I had fun with this and I thought it was worth the run all the way up and share with this place.

I have not arrived at prestige level yet, so this is what I would have gone if I gained instant prestige levels.

P.S.: With how easy you find meds and food and drinks, I legit didn't had to worry about survivor skills from how often I found food and drink, never went below 40% on those.

BeeTuu
Has upvoted: 1 time

Post by BeeTuu » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:56 pm

hello is this for alt character use only? or i can main this im new to the game and idk what to build pls help

MisaelitoxX
Has upvoted: 3 times

Post by MisaelitoxX » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:42 am

I'm following this build, I just changed pistol-shotgun for rifle-shotgun and the truth hasn't been bad for me, I like loot and kill some bosses, but I feel like I'm not keeping up well in haverbrook, would you recommend me to go to Greywood? I am level 37+3

神之手

Post by 神之手 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:35 pm

I have reached the level of 50+10, but a person to challenge comers and sons inc is still very difficult, such as too much cost and too much damage caused by failure should consider lowering the monster movement speed to make the difficulty slightly lower