Bossing - Pure Rifle / Dual Calibers

DF2 character build guides
AdamEarlston
Has upvoted: 5 times
Been upvoted: 20 times

Post by AdamEarlston » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:32 pm

***Lockpicking Lockpicking has been nerfed and you no longer need lockpicking or a key to open Boss Rooms, so you can replace lockpicking with another skill if you want to.***

This is a very good jack-of-all build / bossing set up. It is however quite a bit trickier to gear for appropriately. The idea here is to use a double rifle setup with one 7.62 and one 5.56. You want to stack enough headshot damage + Damage vs Infected + Damage vs Mutated to reach one-shotting capabilites on most/all normal zombies whilst maintaining high boss killing potential. This is to maximize ammo cost-effiency and still have a build that can tackle everything in the game comfortably.
Level
Perk
Perk Tier
1~4
Rifle Expert / Head Hunter / Exterminator / Jogger or Sprinter
I
5~8
II
Hunter
I
10~13
III
Hunter
II
15~18
IV
Lockpicking
I
20~23
V
24~26
Hunter
V
27~30
Marksman
IV
Level (Prestige)
Perk
Perk Tier
Marksman
V
32~35
Reloading or Quickshot
IV
The main tradeoffs here are the loss of Quickshot and Reloading. Losing Quickshot is fairly inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but reloading is a bit more impactful. One can still boss effectively on base rifle reload speeds, but it is trickier. You could alleviate this by having a reloading stat roll somewhere on your gear. However, this is very difficult to fit in since you are already straining your gear to have double Damage vs X stats.

All in all a very rewarding build, but also quite pricy and not new / inexperienced player friendly.

Build is made by Starless <3