or

[Feature] "Close Ad" button added to Mission Guides for dismissing ads you've seen

Subscribe to this subforum to be notified of any updates to DF2Haven.com that were noteworthy but not big enough to make it into Announcements.
thetinytatertot
Site Admin
Has upvoted: 2 times
Been upvoted: 3 times
Loading…
[Feature] "Close Ad" button added to Mission Guides for dismissing ads you've seen

Post by thetinytatertot » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:40 am

You now have the ability to dismiss an ad so that you can better focus on your missions... If you've seen the ad, and you're not interested, it's not going to make you want to click it the longer it stays on the page. I get it.

To get the button to show, simply hover your mouse over the ad row for a second and it will appear on the right side of the ad. A short 1 second view time is required by the ad network, but it will remain gone until you refresh or leave the page (though some actions like sorting can bring them back... unfortunately that's how the table works and I don't have time to recode that part from scratch). ***reinserting ad issue resolved here***

close_ad.png
close_ad.png (20.01KiB)Viewed 8103 times

A gif of the process... The gif is slightly slowed down because I suck at making them:

Note: Not available for small screen resolutions (i.e., mobile phones) since the UI is totally different, and there's only a single ad anyway.

Note for Tablets: To get the button to show for tablets, you may have to tap on the row (to the side of the ad).
:potato: