or

[idea] Have you considered other forms of donation?

A place to report bugs or give feedback and suggestions about DF2 HAVEN.
whalecrown
[idea] Have you considered other forms of donation?

Post by whalecrown » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:38 am

would you consider having lets say you put your steam trade offer link where people could donate you items like CSGO Keys, or possibly other steam items that you could sell to help keep the site up?

thetinytatertot
Site Admin
Has upvoted: 2 times
Been upvoted: 3 times
Loading…

Post by thetinytatertot » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:54 am

I certainly appreciate the idea, but I don't have the time to figure out how to sell the items, on top of completing my coursework, working for pay, and updating DF2 Haven.
:potato:

whalecrown

Post by whalecrown » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:47 am

thetinytatertot wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:54 am
I certainly appreciate the idea, but I don't have the time to figure out how to sell the items, on top of completing my coursework, working for pay, and updating DF2 Haven.
ah geez ok then.
    go to ur invent
    trade offers
    'who can send me trade offers'
    'Third Party Sites'
    Trade Url

voila you can just use that trade link for the site.. perhaps you could figure it out later when you get more time..

however you'd need to put money in ur steam acc tho to be able to sell or buy stuff on the community market - as for getting funds outta steam from selling yeah that's a whole different process entirely. as i don't know how to patreon or paypal or any of that stuff [to support the site].. i will get to it eventually if i could just stop procrastinating --'

in the mean time i'll just try to mission run with my blocker turned off - i tried to get screenies as i mentioned earlier but the site seems to be fine for now. i'll try to report any errors

thank you for this site and for what you have done for DF2 and the community. it doesn't go un-noticed.

thetinytatertot
Site Admin
Has upvoted: 2 times
Been upvoted: 3 times
Loading…

Post by thetinytatertot » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:00 pm

Thanks for taking the time to explain the process, but that seems a bit too complicated for me at the moment since I've basically had to learn all about the ad network system recently... so yeah, a bit of information overload for me currently.

I also figured out how to make it so that sorting/filtering/searching doesn't reload any dismissed ads. The update should be pushed out by cloudflare in the next few minutes.
:potato:

whalecrown

Post by whalecrown » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:11 pm

thetinytatertot wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:00 pm
Thanks for taking the time to explain the process, but that seems a bit too complicated for me at the moment since I've basically had to learn all about the ad network system recently... so yeah, a bit of information overload for me currently.

I also figured out how to make it so that sorting/filtering/searching doesn't reload any dismissed ads. The update should be pushed out by cloudflare in the next few minutes.
is ok. don't rush. take your time to process these things.

and yeah that update sounds awesome can't wait to try it out when i go mission running again

again thank you for what you do as i stated previously